Fort William is the Outdoor Capital of the UK
Whether you enjoy walking, cycling ,climbing or other other outdoor pursuits, there is something for everyone who visits Lochaber.
Annual events include:
- UCI World Cup DHI (Round 4 of the 2017 Mountain Bike World Cup) June 3rd & 4th.
- Annaul Ben Race (Competitors run to the top of the highest peak in Great Britain and then run, slide the quickest route back down) Held on the first Saturday in September, its a family day out with plenty of entertainment at Claggan Park.
- Other events include the annual Mountain Festival, The Glen Nevis River Race, The Highland Games and many more.
- Why not take in a game of Football at Claggan Park, home to the countries lowest ranked semi pro club. The Fort have rarely been off the foot of the Highland League table, but do have one of the most picturesque ground in the UK.
- There are also two local Shinty teams and a Rugby club nearby.